Are you planning on adding a cat to your home? This is a good time as the shelters have lots of cats waiting for a new home. June is Adopt a Cat Month and the American Humane Association has the following tips:
TOP TEN CHECKLIST FOR ADOPTING A CAT
- If you’re thinking about adopting a cat, consider taking home two.
- Find a cat whose personality compliments yours.
- Pick out a veterinarian ahead of time and schedule a visit within the first few days following the adoption.
- Make sure everyone in the house is prepared to have a cat before it comes home.
- Budget for the short- and long-term costs of a cat.
- Stock up on supplies before the cat arrives.
- Cat-proof your home.
- Go slowly when introducing your cat to new friends and family.
- Be sure to include your new pet in your family’s emergency plan.
- If you’re considering giving a cat as a gift, make sure the recipient is an active participant in the adoption process.
Time to time we have clients that have found a cat or for some reason can no longer keep a cat and they reach out to us for help. You might contact us if you are considering adding to your family as we could have the purrfect match waiting for you!
We look forward to meeting your new addition to your home.